[Poll] 7-Day Hyper Teleport Rocks

Posted by Kuro

KuroMS Suggestions discussion with 13 posts about [Poll] 7-Day Hyper Teleport Rocks.

Poll: 7-Day Hyper Teleport Rocks Should newly created characters receive Hyper Teleport Rocks that last 7 days? After the starter rocks expire, additional Hyper Teleport Rocks would be unlockable through Maker with materials tied to current progression. The goal is to keep this easy enough for casual players while still keeping it earned through gameplay. Poll question: Do you support 7-day Hyper Teleport Rocks at character creation, with future rocks unlockable through Maker? Vote Yes or No using this thread poll. Please leave feedback below if you want changes to the approach.

Replies

Reply by pooo

As previously mentioned in discord, I think having a single block hyper rock is too detrimental to casual players, would rather have 7 24h redeemable rocks that players can choose when to activate, so a player can take a break and come back without having any loss

Reply by Liuyue

Hi fart, it will be through: 1,000 Deep Ludi ETC and + Papulatus curl + 10 million mesos = Hyper Tp Rock (7 days) as an example. I place a big emphasis on Casuals which is why, I wanted to make this change especially to help them so they can move around easier without the constant talks with KIN NPC as major QOL.

Reply by Kura

I think the hyper teleport rocks are a great idea, especially to help out with the quest medal grind, which is a real pain to do without them.

Reply by carrots

will the current hyper and vip rocks at kin be removed if this is implemented?

Reply by Liuyue

Hi carrots, I'd be open for them to stay so players have flexible choices on how they want to optimize.

Reply by Banned2693

Yes! My friends and I just started playing two days ago and we were struggling with the amount of back and forth that was needed especially since questing can be a major part of this server for progression. We greatly enjoyed that questing actually helped our progression and we didn't have to grind levels to get stronger. I believe that for new characters, the freedom to move around especially in the early game when mobility is low benefits greatly. And in the end, it's still a temp rock that expires in 7 days. If individuals wanted to experience the game more closely to vanilla, they don't have to use it. But the option that it exists has been amazing and has enhanced our experience so far! :)

Reply by SeaSalt

Yes - I think there's too much friction to turning in quests without it. The time limit is also short enough to incentive being active & digging into the game's mechanics when you jump in.

Reply by Liuyue

Hi Diamond and Cream, Welcome to the server Diamond. We really want to make sure that questing should be a fun part of the game when moving from town to town along with it helping progression.

Reply by LOONE

Having a 7 day vip rock at the start will really help with early questing. Also I was thinking for the crafting part of it could do 1/3/7 days, if more days then less materials required overall. P.S. I think Kin has too many things it i abit lost on which to click sometimes maybe another npc? -Bebe

Reply by Liuyue

Hi Bebe, I'd be open to 1/3/7 day options too with varying requirements also but it may clutter the Maker or NPC.

Reply by pooo

i think having multiple options, even if it would clutter the maker, would be great. given your example of 1,000 Deep Ludi ETC and + Papulatus curl + 10 million mesos = Hyper Tp Rock (7 days), this means that players need to have successfully cleared pap in order to get a hyper teleport rock. perhaps 1/3 day rocks can be made with lower requirements, maybe like a mushmom spore + others or something; i think it would be best to find an activity that players dont normally do and would be a slight challenge for the maker (in this case mushmom spore is a bad example due to limited quantities available), perhaps maybe pq etcs?

Reply by Liuyue

Hi fart, I'd love to be creative with requirements that aren't typically optimized throughout the Maple Journey but unfortunately due to Time Constraits then investing thought into one thing may cost another. I also don't really like deviating too much from the typical route that players should normally do as it hurts casual players the most. PQ in particular would need a major rework to be functional.