[Poll] Flash Jump Through Pink Bean
Posted by Kuro
KuroMS Suggestions discussion with 14 posts about [Poll] Flash Jump Through Pink Bean.
Poll: Flash Jump Through Pink Bean Should Flash Jump be unlockable through Pink Bean expedition instead of being locked behind Gollux? The original idea was to put Flash Jump behind Gollux because it helps with dodging Magnus expedition meteors. After reconsideration, this change would give players more freedom of skill expression for boss mechanics. Poll question: Do you support unlocking Flash Jump through Pink Bean expedition? Vote Yes or No using this thread poll. Please leave feedback below if you want changes to the approach.
Replies
Reply by pooo
This flash jump won't be as powerful as NL/NW's flash jump right? If its purely for magnus expedition, does this mean that it can't be used outside of the expedition? In any case, don't we already have enough mobility through attacks while walking and boosted move speed?
Reply by Liuyue
Hi fart, it will be similar to NL's and NW's Flashjump but those classes don't have to expend resources on it and players can still use it outside of expeditions. I believe that many players want more skill expression to dodge bossing mechanics wihich will also matter a lot later after Pink Bean and Chaos Boss Stages.
Reply by texas
I like the idea of more complex mechanics that require flash jump to dodge. Sidenote: will sair be able to flash jump while on boat?
Reply by Liuyue
Hi ArkFyre, if Flash Jump is introduced as a new skill for many classes then Sairs will also be able to Flash Jump on ship and off ship. Many of Sair's Important skills have also been made to be castable on the ship as of now.
Reply by Kura
About the Flash Jump: if it's something to be used exclusively inside boss raids, I actually agree and think it's fair. But if it's meant to be used outside of boss runs, I really don't like the idea because it completely kills class identity. I mean, if I wanted to Flash Jump everywhere, I'd just play a NL, right? Giving Flash Jump to classes that naturally don't have it makes the game feel like a rebirth server where you can use skills from other classes, and that makes no sense to me
Reply by carrots
i agree with nane on this. if FJ is meant as a bossing mechanic, let's keep it usable only within expeditions and boss maps. we currently already have double jump and boosted speeds. not to mention if 7day hyper rocks get added, that will already be a big help with moving across the entire maple world. if all classes have FJ, it feels like a big stray from the v83 identity. also, if pet vac gets added, will everyone just be FJ-ing + mt skill across the map? then we might be earning etcs too quickly, what next? rebalance this by making etc trade cost 10k instead of 1k? my inventory is already cluttered with all the different quest item / boss spawn item / boss drop etc / strengthening gems, i don't wish to have 1 stack of etc (9999) be tradeable to 1 scroll.
Reply by Liuyue
Hi Nane and carrots, So orginially I was also thinking of locking it within bossing expeditions only since thats the main reason why classes would need extra mobility for interesting Boss Mechanics but then I also realized that its a negative player experience if a player unlocks something fair and square that costs a lot i.e 4 Rocks of Time yet can only use it 20% of the time. If Flash Jump and Pet Vac gets added then I don't expect them to FJ-ing + mt skill, as spawns should be high enough and sufficient to grind regardless if a class has movement of not. ETCs, what I will say at Pink Bean to Von Leon stages will be easy but become much more difficult at post Von Leon stage as Mobs will become much tankier.
Reply by Yuki
I don't really like the idea of giving everyone the ability to flash jump, whether inside or outside of bosses. If it's a must, then maybe just inside boss instances, but it still feels weird to receive a movement skill momentarily. Honestly, I'd rather not have bosses with mechanics that require a flash jump at all, instead of giving it to other players.
Reply by Liuyue
Hi Hate, that would also make balancing of bosses and introducing sastisfying mechanics much harder unless we just make bosses DPM targets. As around the era after Empress as most players also want us to import new regions and bosses then Flash Jump was a mandatory requirement for the boss and expeditions to function properly. And as I said, if we only gave it in bossing expeditions then it would be negative player experience for many players to unlock something and only have it work 20% of the time.
Reply by Kimbo
If other classes get NL/NW FJ, then I agree with Nane, carrots and Hate that it should only be in expeditions. However, if it's a lesser version of NL/NW (i.e. Dawn warriors) then I'm for it to be used outside of expedition. That way it still allows class identity and expression. Just an idea- instead of FJ, is there a way to incorporate speed gear as a replacement for dodging boss mechanic? We can already attack while moving and jumping. Having higher speed+jump from equips + haste can act as FJ in some way. I think this might work if the speed and jump caps are increased/removed and buffing the scroll stats of the speed and jump.
Reply by Liuyue
Hi Ponk, again its more so a player experience thing. Let's say I lock Wheels of Destity or Auto Cures/ Pots or Heros Will (Returned to 360 Seconds Cooldown) from being used within an expedition as an example following the similar logic class identity of Healing and Resurrection and Dispel/Holy Shield being the core class identity of support Bishops. While technically that may be true, it would be an extreme negative player experience to other classes soely relying on a Bishop to effectively clear expeditions even though they earned those items from multiple progression routes in game. It is extremely challenging to lets say use Dawn Warrior's Flash Jump or Speed gear as the standard to balance bosses especially as the game introduces one shot mechanics such as: - Von Leon's Laser Eye Attack - Empress's Dark Genesis Attack - Arkarium's Screen Crack Attack - Gollux's Hand Slams Attack - Magnus's Meteors This is simply because then other classes without Flash Jump (NW/NL) will have extreme troubles doing optimal DPS thresholds to clear bosses effectively, and I believe that most players do not want a NL meta as most v83s. It then becomes does that mean we have to balance bossing HP thresholds at 80% uptime? (NL/NW Flashjump teams) 60% uptime? (Mage Teleport Teams) 40% uptime? (Low mobility like Dawn Warrior Flash Jump Teams) Now what if a team just takes 4 Night Lords and 1 Archer and 1 Warrior to have higher uptime against boss mechanics with Flash Jump to easily clear, is that sastisfying for other classes who may have to invest more in their resources to properly clear a boss? And as I mentioned, unlocking a skill only for it be only allowed to use 20% of time is a negative player experience. KuroMS has always been player experience first, whether that speed and jump in particular mainly stuck to Thiefs in the old days and we still ultimately made Nimble Feet a passive, because I will always put Player Experience before Class Identity. Without players, then there are no classes.
Reply by pooo
damn why can't i quote or upvote/downvote replies? anyway, with regards to "I also realized that its a negative player experience if a player unlocks something fair and square that costs a lot i.e 4 Rocks of Time yet can only use it 20% of the time", wouldn't the simple solution be just to make the skill available within certain raids at no cost? when players leave the expedition it should automatically be removed from the skills list. the only challenge i see with this approach is that a prep phase for these raids would be necessary for players to add the skill to a keybind
Reply by Liuyue
Hi Fart, the reason why if it's not just simply make the skill available in certain raids with no costs is because I believe that giving all classes a skill that is traditionally used by Night Walker and Night Lord at 0 costs is not particularly sastisfying, in a Maple sense even when other classes unlock "Decent Skill" then there is always a cost to it.