[Poll] Party Questing Medal Progress

Posted by Kuro

KuroMS Suggestions discussion with 10 posts about [Poll] Party Questing Medal Progress.

Poll: Party Questing Medal Progress Should Kuro allow players to partner up and tackle questing progress together toward a valuable medal? This direction is meant to build more social and community engagement around questing. Poll question: Do you support party questing medal progress as a major QoL feature? Vote Yes or No using this thread poll. Please leave feedback below if you want changes to the approach.

Replies

Reply by Kura

if it's meant to help progress the main quest medal, I think it's a good idea. I support anything that makes questing easier. But if it's a brand new medal specifically for doing PQs, then honestly I wouldn't like it. That would just be one more thing I'd have to grind, and I don't like doing PQs.

Reply by Liuyue

Hi Nane, so lets say as example your current Medal is 800, on launch then you would be able to pair up with any other player through the Quest Ring NPC and you and your total quest amount i.e 300 and 500 can achieve the maximum benefits of the Quest Medal. This is not related to PQs which needs a major rework down the line to be sastisfying.

Reply by LOONE

I dont think this is a good idea, i feel there are players who would want to solo and this might put them at an disadvantage. The other qols in place should help speed the progress in getting the medal. P.S. Should we still have to trade material to get the mulung dojo medal? Or just make it a medal we get at 200/250 depending on class? -Bebe

Reply by Yuki

Sorry but I really don't understand how it works. Do you "partner" with someone on the Quest Medal NPC and your completed quest amount is combined? So if I have 200 completed quests and Liuyue has 600 completed quest, we both go to the quest npc and choose each other as partners and then receive the full 800 quest medal benefits? Is it permanent? Can I, one day, decide to leave this partnership? Can we do this with a group of more than 2 players? We really need more details about this system.

Reply by Liuyue

Hi Bebe and Hate, While I understand that there are players may want to solo through the Quest Challenges alone, I really want to push more community and engagement with one another to explore opportunities for a higher population game. Friends inviting one another, or players meeting up and pairing up together will help KuroMS a lot. It's also a feature that no other servers have done before, and if we want to be unique then I believe in community is the way to go. In Hate's example then yes you would be correct that if you do 200 Quests and pair up with me who has 800 Quests then we would reach the max and receive max benefits. Maximum would only be 2 players for now unless players really want more. If lets say you would decide to leave the partnership then you no longer have the benefits of Max Quest Medal and would only return back to 200 Quests Medal.

Reply by Yuki

Thanks for the explaining Liuyue :) Sounds like a really cool idea! I'd like to see something like this on launch or later. Just a bit more question to make things clearer: iIf I have 10 quests and Nane have 10 and we did the same exact 10 quest before partnership, we will get 20 together once partnering up nonetheless? While me and Nane are partners and we do one exact same quest together and report it, do we get +2 to the quest count?

Reply by pooo

man i first i thought it was a way to complete quests faster as a party, now that its an additive count it seems pretty pointless to me, might as well just cut the quest count requirement by half and call it a day. i wish for it to be a specific kind of party implementation where if i party up together with a person (must be declared for quest completion), whatever quests i accept he will auto accept too, so we can split up regions and tackle quests together; whatever drops or kills my party member gets also gets added to my completion rate. or to simplify it even more, whatever quest my party mates complete would also count towards mine. this way we can also dissolve the party any time and continue with our own progressions. the main drawback i see is that in a party of 6, each person does an average of 133 quests, so maybe limit this to a duo or something. at the end of the day though, we probably need to think how easy we want to make it for players to get a free +200 all stat and 40ma/wa (including monster card right, which to me is waaaay too easy)

Reply by LOONE

Hi Liuyue, I was thinking maybe having a partial sharing system for partnership. Player A: 800 quests Player B: 200 quests Shared total = 200 + (800 × 0.25) = 400. I was thinking of making it more fair for players, so they will still want to complete the quests for the full benefits. Not sure whether it's feasible.

Reply by Liuyue

Hi Hate, fart and bebe, So it would be wonderful if Hate and Nane decided to pick the same quests and actually go around with one another to tackle down the same Quests i.e Korean Folk Town or something. Despite being the same Quests, it will also contribute to each others Quest Medal. The Max cap will also be raised to 1,000 at first hence 500 becoming the standard and if I see many players vouching for more then its possible to raise it through unlocking a higher cap with a certain method i.e Boss ETC. I also don't believe that a Maxed Quest or Monster Book item should have more power than a scrolled Chaos Horntail Pendant as example which needs toning down. I wouldn't think a partial mechanic is suitable as then it would hurt Casual players a lot who do not have time to complete it properly. What I will say is that typically after months of launch and when a new players join, they are already handicapped enough. If we make it too hard for them to jump through all these hoops to even catchup and feel reasonably optimal then it becomes extremely dangerous for server population.