Revert Dawn Warrior main attack skills
Posted by Kura
KuroMS Suggestions discussion with 5 posts about Revert Dawn Warrior main attack skills.
My suggestion today is to revert the main attack skills for Dawn Warriors back to how they were before the recent patches. Previously, Equinox Slash dealt 2 hits, which resulted in a much higher overall damage output compared to the current version that hits 6 or 8 times. Similarly, Moon Dancer used to deal 3 hits (very similar to Brandish). Now it also does multiple hits, but the older version was significantly better. Essentially, the two main attack skills for Dawn Warrior were nerfed to the point of making the class completely useless. Even though I have some of the strongest gear in the game on this character, I simply don't play it anymore because it is just no longer worth the effort. Right now, any new character I create with mediocre gear easily becomes stronger than my fully-geared Dawn Warrior, entirely because of these skill nerfs. I strongly suggest reverting these changes.
Replies
Reply by Kuro
Please see the patch today and see how Dawn warrior feels a lot of changes the current version you are seeing is missing a lot of skills
Reply by Liuyue
Hi Nane, whether a players damage is high or not is not based on the lines but the actual skill % damaage. I.e 1000% Damage at 8 lines is much stronger than 2000% Damage at 2 lines. Now on why Dawn Warrior was nerfed in the first place, is because Dawn Warrior was dealing around 2x the damage of a class that I would say is the standard for balancing classes in Maplestory, the Corsair. The reason why all your other characters are doing more damage right now is due to them not being nerfed yet to meet the balance thresholds as we had more important matters to attend to. Once all skill issues and animations are in then balance will come. If you'd like then you can go on Glacia server and test a Corsair Character with: @dex 1050 !job 522 !resetskills Manually level up skills !createitem 1032227 str=566 dex=566 int=566 luk=566 watk=385 matk=385 !search "crit damage 60%" and scroll the earrings 7 times !search "crit chance 60%" and scroll clean glove 7 times Wear a clean Timeless Gun !empowerme @dpm dummy 1 1 @dpm dummy 6 1 @resetstats @str 1050 !job1112 (Dawn Warrior) !resetskills Manually level up skills Wear the same setup Wear a clean Timeless Sword !empowerme @dpm dummy 1 1 @dpm dummy 6 1 and see how much difference Dawn Warrior and Corsair does and report back to me so I can help your case better. Bonus if you can test more classes and report back to me also with the similar requirement.
Reply by Kura
Look, with all due respect, I am speaking here as a player, sharing how I actually feel while playing the game. All the tests we do on the test server are valid, yes, but you don't really feel the actual difficulty because you aren't really playing the class. You just type in commands, stay on the character for 5 minutes, and you don't feel the real struggle firsthand. I spent weeks of my time playing my Dawn Warrior and got him to level 250. You guys nerfed him to the point where it's not worth playing the class anymore, and then said there would be class balancing. I waited patiently. I leveled my Blaze Wizard to 250, my Night Walker to 250, my HS Mule to 250... and it's been about two or three weeks, and my Dawn Warrior is still useless. Now he has some utility because of Crash, so he serves a purpose in bosses. But even having the strongest items in the game, and even with my character having the highest attack range in the entire server, I am useless in bosses. If this is 'class balance', I'm terrified to see what 'imbalance' looks like, because it makes no sense. I am extremely weak simply because the damage percentages of my main skills were changed. They are useless. It feels awful to grind, and it feels awful to boss. I have the resources to make my gear even better, but it's simply not worth spending them. No matter how much time and money I invest into my items, the character will remain useless compared to all the other classes. This is how I see it and how I feel playing the class after months of playing. From Beta 1 to Beta 2... this is the worst state for Dawn Warrior I've ever seen in my life. Anyway, I'm just being completely honest here. I really don't understand the point of this class balance when things just seem to be getting worse. We are two weeks away from launch and I haven't seen any improvement so far. I've reached a point where I'm simply going to give up on making suggestions. I'll just play whatever buffed/OP classes you guys leave available, because it's no longer worth trying to improve the classes I actually like, or asking for balance, when it's been over two weeks and my main remains useless
Reply by Navis
And just as it was suggested, I went and tested other classes. I made an Aran. Currently, Aran requires absolutely no gear. If you reach level 120 and put a single point into Combo Tempest, you can 1-hit KO any mob in the game, no matter how much HP it has. Meaning, if you stack up around 1000 combo you can use 5x in a row, that skill becomes a Full Map Attack (FMA) that hits 15 monsters, has no cooldown, and your items don't matter at all. You could be using a level 1 polearm and still get a 1-hit KO. I don't understand how this seems balanced. But fine, it's been like that since the beta release. Now let's look at the new things you guys are adding. The new single-target skill that came out, Beyond Blade: the damage is 350%, hits 1 mob, and does 6 attacks (lines). Meanwhile, the Dawn Warrior skill is 8 attacks (lines) at 75%. How exactly is this balanced? So you nerfed Dawn Warrior because he was 'twice as strong' as whatever other class, but at the same time, this week you added a skill that deals 350% damage per hit. Just look at the damage in the screenshot here against Horntail, using a clean level 58 weapon My dmg versus Tenjin IL lv 209